Time to Talk
[contact-form to=’firstname.lastname@example.org’ subject=’Emotional Wellbeing – Child Entry’][contact-field label=’Your Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Have you spoken to an adult about this yet ?’ type=’radio’ required=’1′ options=’Yes,No’/][contact-field label=’If So – Who ?’ type=’text’/][contact-field label=’What would you like to talk about’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’When would be a good time to talk ?’ type=’text’/][/contact-form]
Miss Davies will make a time to talk with you. If she is worried about your safety, she will have to share her worries with Mrs Hacker and they will think together about the best way to help.
Emotional Wellbeing helps children to make friends, deal with everyday stress and think clearly so that they are ready to learn. At Hawkhurst CEP we know that children and families can need a bit of extra help from time to time, which is why we have set up the Emotional Wellbeing Pathway.
If you would like to talk to Rosie Davies, our Emotional Wellbeing Coordinator, about your child please fill in the form below. This is a secure form, like an email, which will go directly to Rosie Davies.
[contact-form to=’email@example.com’ subject=’Emotional Wellbeing – Parent/Carer Entry’][contact-field label=’Name of Child’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Child%26#039;s Class’ type=’select’ required=’1′ options=’Yr 6 – Violet,Yr 5 – Blue,Yr 4 – Green,Yr 3 – Yellow,Yr 2 – Orange,Yr 1 – Red,Reception – Rainbow’/][contact-field label=’Name of Parent / Carer’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’When would be a good time to talk ?’ type=’text’ required=’1’//][contact-field label=’Preferred Contact Number’ type=’text’ required=’1’//][contact-field label=’What would you like to talk about’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]
Rosie Davies the schools Emotional Wellbeing Lead will get in touch and reply to all genuine concerns within 10 working days. Information submitted on this form may be shared with the following people :-
- Mrs J Hacker – Head Teacher and Safeguarding Lead
- Mrs N Poland – School SENCo
- Mrs K Paton – School Family Liaison Officer
[pdf-embedder url=”http://hawkhurst.kent.sch.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Mental-Health.pdf” title=”Mental Health”]
What is Family Group ?
5 children together with one of their parents, meeting weekly altogether for two hours. We play games, share what is happening at school and support each other, all with the goal of making sure that each child has the best possible experience of school. It is led by Rosie Davies on a Friday morning.
Family Group is great for the school because it helps us to:
- Improve relationships with families.
- Understand how we can help in difficult circumstances.
- Look at different ways of teaching.
Family Groups helps parents to:
- Feel safe and heard.
- Form trusting relationships with other parents, and with the school.
- Learn new skills.
- Manage difficult situations in new ways.
As a result of Family Group, children are better able to:
- Manage worries.
- Ask for help.
- Trust and build relationships
- Understand the boundaries of school and home.
How can I be involved ?
If you would like to be part of Family Group, or would like to know more, please leave a message with Mrs Hughes and Miss Davies will be in touch.
What Family Group Means to us ?
- “It was great to spend one to one time together”
- “It has helped to increase confidence”
- “I feel like I have been able to have my say”
- “When he gets upset he is able to stop and take a step back”
- “it was helpful because if made me feel less shy and it made me happier to talk to other people about my problems”